Wednesday 1 July 2015

Day 08: Almost Yogurt & A Chiffon Cake

I think the staff at the supermarket below thinks I'm sort of a nutter not because I shop there almost everyday but I always make multiple rounds through the aisles as if searching for some secret treasure hidden in the shelves. I guess you can say thats almost true because I do want to find that sweet deal that fits into my daily budget, but the truth is that I'm terribly indecisive. 

Case in point: I felt like having yogurt today so I head over to the refrigerated aisle and searched for some yogurt. While I was busy picking which flavour that I wanted, I spotted a slice of seedless watermelon on a nearby shelf. Thus, began the cycle of indecisiveness. The yogurt was much more expensive than the watermelon but I already have an apple in my drawer so buying another fruit wouldn't make much sense. But then, the watermelon was cheaper and bigger compared to the yogurt. After a few rounds of walking up and down the aisle, I did what I usually do when I face this kind of dilemma, I'd buy something else that never crossed my mind, and in this case, it's a chiffon cake. Most of the times, the decision to buy something totally random would result in some kind of satisfaction but today's purchase was not such.

In a way, I suppose today's lesson is about confidence and be ready to jump into the deep end and take whatever consequences that come your way, rather than being indecisive and lose precious time and wonderful opportunities.

Take that, moral lesson!


So, today's expenses:

1. Main meal - Popiah, RM2.30
2. Snack - Chiffon cake, RM1.10
3. Dessert - NZ Fuji apple, brought forward from yesterday

Total spent = RM3.40
Total saved = RM1.60

BTW, they re-stocked the apples and I feel like an idiot for buying old apples yesterday. That has to be a lesson for another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment