Friday 3 July 2015

Day 09 & Day 10: Eating out is expensive [VOID]

I've decided to combine both days into a single post because these past two days I've been having lunch outside due to unavoidable circumstances, and I was too tired last night to post anything. 

After eight days into the challenge, going out for lunch has given me a fresh perspective on the amount of money spent on the quality and value of the food consumed. Over the past two days, I would have spent RM25 on lunch alone, if it wasn't for my friends who were generous enough to pay for my meals. That amount spent is equivalent to 5 days worth of lunch. 

So, how does it feel like to be having lunch outside again? Well, one thing is for sure. It is expensive but not so much in the monetary term. Despite having a huge lunch yesterday and a fairly decent one today, the meals didn't felt satisfying or whole. Sure, I was stuffed but it wasn't the same feeling as to what I felt from the lunches bought over the past eight days. I felt more satisfied from having a small main meal, accompanied by a snack and finished off with a simple dessert. 

I guess in a way, I have found the answer to my question last Friday on whether to complete the 20 days challenge or cut it short to 10 days. My answer is to continue on the experiment and finish it after 20 days, but the difference is that I no longer feel burdened by this challenge but have taken comfort and confidence that this is a much more healthier and inexpensive method of having lunch, compared to having a typical lunch meal outside. 

My goal for Week 3 is to purchase something that I can have over a few days by spending on an item or two over the normal daily budget but still within the weekly total amount allocated. This would be the next step of the experiment to see whether this method would help in saving more money compared to the method that I'm currently using.

Also, as mentioned in the guidelines, these two days will be replaced, hence the experiment period for the moment will be lengthen by two extra days.

No comments:

Post a Comment